The kids are asking hot and sticky and so are you for that matter. Time to cool off with a nice cold drink that you actually know the ingredient list! Lets head to the kitchen. I have provided some recipes that even I can't mess up!
There are some drink recipes that have about twenty steps to them and then there are recipes that are amazingly simple. Actually, the easier they are to make, the better I like them. I simply have too much on my plate for fussy recipes!
Mint Chocolate Frost
2 sq. chocolate
1 cup water
1/2 cup sugar
1 qt milk
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp peppermint extract
1/2 pint ice cream
1. Melt chocolate
2. Add water and boil until mixture thickens.
3. Add sugar and milk and continue cooking for 5 more minutes
4. Chill syrup
Add flavors, salt and ice cream and then whip it all up with a rotary beater.
Perfect for a hot summer afternoon on the porch. psss you can add another little bit of ice cream to the top just for good measure.
Picnic Thoughts: Things To Be Aware Of!
1. Be sure that you are aware of any allergies that your friends might have.
2. Keep the glasses inside or turned upside down if they are set outside. Insects will be very happy to fight for the drinks that you put out or be quite willing to walk around the rim!
3. Be sure you know exactly how many people will be attending and how many glasses or mugs you will need. Trust me, there is nothing worse than running out at the wrong time!
4. Be sure to make lots of ice ahead of time, but be sure that it is fresh!
5. Your hands will come into contact with the glasses, mugs or tea cups often. Be sure to keep your own hands clean. Just think of your concerns if you are visiting someone. While preparing the drinks, you will probably touch about a zillion different surfaces. Be sure to wash your hands often!
6. If you are offering fresh fruit and veggie spears in your drinks, , be sure to also wash them thoroughly. You have no idea how many people at the supermarket have handled the same item before you purchased it.
7. Be sure to inspect the glasses after they have come out of the dishwasher. They have probably been blasted with scalding temps, but the high temperatures could have bake the food particles in place and no one wants a glass that looks dirty.
Tags: tall glasses, ice cream drinks, summer drinks