There are easy desserts that have about twenty steps to them and then there are desserts that you pretty much just throw everything into a bowl, stir and then spoon into a baking dish. If it’s fast to whip up, I want to know about them. I hope that you will follow my series of easy desserts you can whip up with your eyes closed. So lets get started. Grab your apron and lets make some cookies! You might even want to get the kids to help. They could be getting bored right about now!
Balls of Jello
* 1 small package flaked coconut
* 1 8 serving size strawberry Jell-O
* 2 cups grated nuts
* 1 can sweetened condensed milk
1. Remove 1/4 cup of coconut and set it aside.
2. Combine all of the remaining ingredients, and then form into walnut sized balls.
3. Roll in the last 1/4 cup of coconut and place in the refrigerator.
4. Don't expect them to last very long.
*Not a big fan of strawberry jello? Use can use any flavor you like.
Things To Consider
1. If this dessert is to be shared with other children, be sure that you are aware of any allergies that your child’s friends might have.
2. Keep your own hands clean. While preparing the food, you will probably touch about a zillion different surfaces. Be sure to wash your hands often!
3. Read the recipe twice… at least. I have quickly scanned a recipe, that then completely missed the fact that I needed eggs. Yes, definitely been there and done that.
4. And be sure that you cover the page of the cookbook that you aren’t using. I have combined recipes more than once. Sometimes, I have gotten away with it, other times I haven’t! Better to be safe than sorry.
5. As you run out of ingredients, make sure that you write them down on a shopping list that you have tacked to the fridge. It makes baking so much easier if you actually have all the ingredients!
6. For best results, be certain that all of your ingredients are fresh. It does make a big difference.
7. I actually use a lot of powdered milk in my baking. That way I can make the amount I need and there is no chance that we will run out when breakfast time rolls around.
Tags: jello, fast and easy recipes, children’s lunches, treats, quick desserts