3/4 cup butter
3/4 cup sugar
1 large apple (grated and core removed)
2 1/2 cups flour
1 cup very old cheese, shredded (we buy cheese and leave it in the cold room)
1/2 tsp baking powder and baking soda
smidgen of salt
1. Choose a relatively large bowl and beat butter and sugar until if is fluffy.
2. Add one egg at a time and continue beating.
3. Stir in grated apple but do not over-beat.
4. Sift together the flour, baking powder, soda and salt an then add the cheese.
5. Stir into the butter mixture but again, no over-beating.
6. Scoop out dough using a tablespoon and then drop onto a greased muffin tin and bake in center of the oven at 350 degrees until biscuits are a golden brown in color. Should take about 15 minutes, but every oven is different.
7. Allow to cool on the cookie sheet and then serve. If there are any left, they can be stored in a cookie tin between layers of waxed paper.
If you have plans to serve during the holiday season, these can be stored in the refrigerator up to a month.