Monday, September 28, 2009

The Harvest Meal Deal at Swiss Chalet

A Swiss Chalet restaurant in Ft.Image via Wikipedia
As many of you know, we are waiting for our house to close before moving on to Chicago to look for our next home. So, as a result, we are living in a hotel at the moment and we are pretty much doing a lot of eating out. Last night we decided on Swiss Chalet. I only wish that I had the appetite for their Harvest Meal Deal. Unfortunately I couldn't manage it and ordered the chicken soup, which is full of big pieces of chicken, ate my daughters roll and then finished up with a piece of pumpkin pie.

Okay, let me give you a bit of background here. I'm the only one in the family that likes pumpkin pie. My British husband can't imagine what I see in it, but it's comfort food to me and I have to have at least one slice at Thanksgiving, (which I'm going to miss this year) because of the move. Our Thanksgiving up here in Canada is in October and this year, I won't be around. I am looking forward to my first American Thanksgiving however, so I just might be able to swing another piece of pumpkin pie!

Anyway, back to the review. The Harvest Meal Deal is pretty amazing. This is the closest photo that I could find of a typical Swiss Chalet dinner. Here's what comes with the Harvest Dinner... you get a small bowl of soup, a quarter chicken dinner complete with roll and french fries and then a slice of pumpkin pie is thrown in for good measure! As I mentioned, I certainly couldn't polish off the entire meal, but I'm sure a lot of other people certainly could. And all of this comes in at a $12.99 which is pretty good these days!This is the closet photo I could find of the dinner. Just take out the salad, substitute the chicken soup and add a piece of pumpkin pie and that's what you get. Very filling and well worth the visit!! And oh yes, the french fries are awesome!

Swiss Chalet






Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

1 comment:

  1. I admire the valuable information you offer inside your content articles.

    Thanks!
    Swiss Chalet Coupons

    ReplyDelete