Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Cutting Down on the Sugar

Most Amazing Muffins EverImage by feministjulie via Flickr

I have learned through experience that you can pretty much take any muffin recipe and reduce the sugar to about 1/4 cup. Having been diagnosed as pre-diabetic a few years ago, I began playing around with recipes to see just how far I could go. It seems that it is all a matter of taste. To those of you with a sweet tooth, I would slowly reduce the sugar by a quarter of a cup at a time. Going from a cup to 1/4 of a cup might be too much of a jolt to your taste buds, but you will get there. Trust me. I have about ten different recipes that I have adapted and they all contain 1/4 of a cup and they taste just fine. Just go slow.

But if you want to be a little decadent, you might want to check out the recipes below... consider it a treat! ;)


Chocolate Chip Muffins

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment